Thousands are taking part in a union protest against austerity cuts and NHS changes ahead of the Conservative Party conference in Manchester.
Frances O’Grady, TUC general secretary, said:
“The march and rally will allow thousands of ordinary people to show the government exactly what they think of their policies.
“Austerity is having a devastating effect on our communities and services, with 21,000 NHS jobs lost over the last three months alone.
“The NHS is one of Britain’s finest achievements and we will not allow ministers to destroy, through cuts and privatisation, what has taken generations to build.”
- UNISON: ANSWER THE CALL FOR YOUR NHS -Why is Unison Campaigning?
- Unite – The Union : Campaigns for the NHS
- TUC: Stronger Unions – Why I’m marching for the NHS Today
- TUC Manchester Rally
- BBC : Thousands Join Manchester March
- NHS in England and Wales faces the gravest crisis in its history